Can I Start Home Based Business Without a Website?
According to the research firm¬†Clutch, about 46 percent of Small Businesses don’t have a website. ¬†The main reasons given for this are:
- ¬† ¬†A website isn’t relevant to their business or industry
- ¬† ¬†A Social Media profile does the job
- ¬† ¬†It costs money
- ¬† ¬†It requires maintenance
- ¬† ¬†It requires technical knowledge
To those familiar with building websites and with business uses of websites, the above don’t quite ring true. ¬†They aren’t¬†solid¬†reasons for failing to use¬†a website¬†when you¬†Start Home Based Business. ¬†We will explore these ‚Äúreasons‚ÄĚ next:
A Website Isn’t Relevant to My Business
A website is the Internet equivalent to advertising signs along a highway, on the sides of commuting buses and trains, or on buildings. ¬†Those signs get a lot¬†of exposure to people walking or driving by them. ¬†They are used because they work. ¬†To say that a website isn’t relevant to your Home Business Start Up is like saying that ‚Äúadvertising isn’t relevant‚ÄĚ. ¬†Unlike a simple sign with its limited space, a website can tell as much or as little about your business as you like.
Getting new customers is important when you¬†Start Home Based Business, and requires some sort of exposure. ¬†The Internet is just another form of exposure to people. ¬†Even if your Home Business sells physical goods or services to your local town, a website that mentions the location of your local business will attract visitors within driving distance of your business. ¬†That’s because the Search Engines pick up on these mentions of your town and send Internet traffic from people living near you. ¬†People often research the Internet using their mobile devices before placing a call or visiting a nearby business.
A Social Media Profile Does the Job
When properly used, Social Media can bring in a lot of new business. ¬†However, if you aren’t using it in conjunction with your own website, you are losing a lot of potential business. ¬†There is only so much you can do with your Social Media Profile. ¬†You can edit your basic Profile information to include contact details such as your physical address, phone number, and Email address. ¬†While some platforms offer more of an online presence than others, they don’t come close to what you can do with your own website.
There are other problems such as the fact that Social Media platforms call the shots about what you can and can’t do in their Terms of Service. ¬†They can discontinue or change any feature that they please, even if it hurts you when you Start Home Based Business. ¬†When they make changes to their platform, it’s to further their business, not yours. ¬†Too much reliance on any one platform is bad business, because even one policy change can set you back.
A Website Costs Money
Websites can cost a lot of money but they don’t have to. ¬†There are some very powerful Content Management Systems (CMS) that let you set up highly functional and attractive websites for free. ¬†WordPress is one example. ¬†You may have to buy a website “Theme” for the CMS, if the free ones aren’t a good fit for your Home Based Business. ¬†But you shouldn’t have to pay much more than $50 for these. ¬†If you don’t want to set it up yourself, there are many capable and affordable Freelancers for hire who specialize in the popular Content Management Systems.
This depends on how you go about setting up your website. ¬†Maintenance for many of the popular Content Management Systems amounts to installing updates when they come out. ¬†You can do this by clicking a few buttons. ¬†Your WordPress Theme may also require an occasional update, which again only amounts to clicking a few buttons. ¬†One reason some¬†Content Management Systems become very popular¬†is their ease of use.
A Website Requires Technical Knowledge
As mentioned above, Content Management Systems are popular because they’re designed for user friendliness. ¬†You can easily create a website and add new web pages, blog posts, photos, videos, and many other features without any specialized technical knowledge.
Your website is a piece of online “real estate” that you own. ¬†It provides Internet exposure to your Home Business Start Up, and helps to build your brand. ¬†Without a website, you’re leaving money on the table.
For plenty more useful information to help you Start Home Based Business, and some very powerful Home Business systems and opportunities, please peruse our Blog site http://OnlineMarketingHomeBusiness.com today.¬† We provide inspiration, education and training to assist you with your Home Business Start Up or in your Online Marketing efforts.¬† We at OmniTech Enterprises, LLC will help you start and/or grow a profitable Digital Business.¬† To your success!
Your New Home Business :: Crank It !
- How to Start a Home Based Business as a Writer
- How to Start a Small Business: An Entrepreneur‚Äôs Guide
- 3 Free Ways You Can Market Your Home Business Start Up
- Are You Distracted by the Micro-Bite Age We Live In?
- 4 Reasons to Start a Home Based Business Online
- Home Business Start Up: Tips for Attracting Customers
- Home Business Start Up: How to Assess Your E-Commerce Idea
- How to Start a Small Business: 4 Overlooked Elements for Success
- Home Business Start Up: Increasing Your Online Sales
- Home Business Start Up: Tracking Your Expenses
- How to Start a Home Business: Points for Improvement
- How to Start a Small Business: Where to Operate
- How to Start a Small Business: Legal Formation Information
- The Island of the Insane Birds !
- How to Start a Home Business: 3 Tips to Grow Your Email List
- Growing Your Home Business Start Up With Outsourcing
- Start Home Business: 4 Big Benefits of Affiliate Marketing
- Can I Start Home Based Business Without a Website?
- The ‚ÄúVenetian Way‚ÄĚ to Stay on Track and Succeed Online
- Defining a Profitable Niche for Your Home Business Start Up
- 5 Online Marketing Tips for Home Business Start Ups Selling Crafts
- How to Get More Publicity for Your Home Business Start Up
- 3 Myths that Can Harm Your Home Business Start Up
- Spanish Conquistador: Important Lesson in Leadership
- Home Business Start Up: Social Media Marketing Mistakes
- Inventory Concerns: An Overlooked Aspect of Home Business Start Up
- Blogging for Your Home Business Start Up
- Mistakes to Avoid with Your Affiliate Marketing Business
- Start Home Based Business: The Best Tools
- Start Home Business :: Is the Stampede Coming for You?
- Showing Responsiveness in Your Home Business Start Up
- Start Home Based Business with Social Media
- Email Marketing: Top Strategy for Home Business Start Ups
- Home Business Start Up: More Tips for Your Office Set Up
- Taking Action: Critical for Your Home Business Start Up
- Why You Need Copywriting for Your Home Business Start Up
- My Home Business Start Up Philosophy
- Your Mind-Blowing Way to a Simple Home Business Start Up
- 4 Home Business Start Up Opportunities to Start Right Away
- Should You Get a MicroLoan for Your Home Business Start Up?
- 5 Tips for Setting Up Your Home Business Start Up Office
- Home Business Start Up: Internet Marketing Tips
- The Need for Networking With a Home Business Start Up
- Become a Digital Entrepreneur With a Home Business Start Up
- 5 Home Business Start Up Marketing Mistakes to Avoid
- Steps to Set Yourself Apart from Other Affiliate Marketers
- Home Business Start Up: Training & Support Importance
- How to Get Funding for Your Home Business Start Up
- 7 Outstanding Tactics to Get Free Traffic using SEO
- 3 Factors to Consider When Starting a Home Business
- Home Business Start Up: Choosing the Best Position
- Home Business Start Up: Opportunities to Consider
- 5 Easy Home-Based Business Ideas
- Consider These Factors with Your Home Business Start Up
- 8 Home-Based Business Ideas You Can Startup For Under $500
- Basic Rules of Good Website Design :: Tips #2
- Basic Rules of Good Website Design :: Tips #1
- 5 Secrets to Living the 4-Hour Workweek
- 3 Elements Needed to Launch a Home Business Start Up
- Affiliate Marketing as a Home Business
- 6 Things to Consider When Starting a Home Business
- Can the Enquirer Make YOU, and Your Home Business, RICH ?
- 5 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Starting A Home Business
- Online Marketing Home Business :: Mission, Content & Goals